March 27, 2009

Shoe Shopping: Etsy Vintage


Sometimes I worry about posting such great finds that when I get there they will be gone. As if any of you would nab up my "wish list" items and then flaunt the item in my face....you wouldn't would you??

Well, my great find for the day is about shoes. I have postponed any shoe shopping for some time. I broke down around Christmas time and purchased some plain black ballerina flats, but sadly these shoes are wearing down very quickly (for $20 I should have known this).

I have difficulty purchasing new shoes for fear that I won't wear them enough to make them worth the price I paid, and yet I worry that if I wear them too often then they won't last as long as I would like them to.

I have this tendency to wear out shoes rather quickly. I buy a pair I love and I find ways to wear them with every outfit I own and the next thing you know the shoes are falling apart left and right.

Oh, on to the great find....

I was browsing around on etsy this morning (what I like to call "window shopping") and I spotted some fun vintage shoes that seemed to be in great shape. The next thing I knew I was searching for shoes in my size under the "vintage" category and saving many shoes I would love to have stashed in my closet.

I had never thought I would find so many fabulous shoes! Those of you who are out there scrounging thrift stores and attic sales for these amazing shoes, I commend you for your hard work and enthusiasm for great product presentation.

annabert ($25)

annabert ($25)

I am officially in love with shoes and in love with etsy vintage sellers!

Recy ($24)

2 comments:

  1. After you posted about the vintage shoes, I went and took a look around myself. Of course I didn't find the pairs you picked but I found some to my own liking. Great idea. I come to your blog to be inspired and to window shop too. (I promise no stealing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found some shoes you like too! I love vintage shoes (I have two pairs of high heels I always get compliments on and they are total old lady shoes with gold bows on the toes!) Thanks for visiting my blog, Dani!

    ReplyDelete